The Grants Process Overview below provides an overview of the steps required for an application, beginning with application planning and submission, through award and close out. The related grant resources on each page offer guidance from NIH experts to help you navigate the grants and submit a successful grant application.
Applying for NIH Grants
- NIH Grants Process Overview
- Helpful Tips on Planning Your Application
- NIH Application Forms and Instructions
- NIH Standard Application Receipt Dates
- NIH Peer Review Process
- NCI Resources for Extramural Funding
- NIH Funding Opportunities and Notices
- NIH Guidance for Foreign Applicants
Acknowledgement of Federal Funding
CRAN-sponsored funding opportunity announcements generally have set-aside funds and a targeted number of awards. Funding decisions are based on a combination of factors, including the scientific and technical merit of the proposed project as determined by scientific peer review, relevance to CRAN scientific priorities, and availability of funds.